BETAMOUSE goes UNPLUGGED this week and harks back to a time before future boxes, the “internet,” and before the words “amped” and “jazzed” were even known of. Marc Lorenzo (LOOOOORREEEENZOOOO) of the Disney World Moms panel joins us with a great show topic: How would TEAM BETAMOUSE cope in 1990? The guys take over this episode — Katie is on her honeymoon!
In other news, COME TO OUR DISNEYLAND MEETUP!!.
This show includes:
- Lots of talk of “research” in the book-era, including the Unofficial Guide (DING!) Nate goes through his experiences with the early Unofficial Guide and the AAA books.
- Scott, Jeff, and Marc go through their old-school Disney trip experiences — Scott heading to Disneyland, Jeff to WDW, and Marc being a “late bloomer.”
- We talk about how people got “Savvy” with touring, both through guidebooks and experiences. Nate’s (and brother Matt) were quite the park commandos back in the day.
- Marc didn’t go to Disney for 14 years. 14. Years. The rest of the panel expresses their sympathy. Marc also talks about his entry into the “scene” and becoming a Disney Mom.
- We mention something called “walkie-talkies” and touring pre-cell phones. We even bring up the famous “left vs. right” touring strategies.
- We bring up the “lost child” issues before the digital era, and thank Marc profusely for coming on the show
So, thanks, Marc Lorenzo! We’ll see you all next week.